Suggestions for a Smooth Videoconference Event
- Notice: Make your Deposition/Meeting Notice very clear as to the time, including the time zone (Central for Amarillo, Texas), and where the deponent/parties are to be.
- Location of Parties: It is best to have a videographer and court reporter with the witness for a deposition. A notary needs to swear in the deponent, wherever they are located.
- Exhibits/Agendas: Anticipate any exhibits or agendas that you want to show the witness or parties. Ship the exhibits or agendas to the videoconference site beforehand. During a deposition, remember, if you want the court reporter to present the exhibits to the witness, please give them a chance to pass the document to the deponent. The court reporter cannot write testimony and hand out documents at the same time.
- Time: Be conscious of the time. The videoconference event will be billing on an hourly basis.
- Confirmation Test: Expect our firm videoconference provider to do a test the day before the event.